[protege-discussion] pprj not saving meta-class

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 11 18:12:20 PDT 2008

Hi Len,

Len Yabloko wrote:
> Hi Tania,
>
> Thank you for helping me. I did not realize that meta-classes were abstract be default. Now if I set it to concrete - it works without problems.

Metaclasses are not abstract by default. If you create them with the
code that I have sent you in the previous reply, you will see that they
are created as concrete. I am not sure what happens in your code that
they are made abstract.

> However, for some reason when I do the opposite (i.e set it to abstract with API) they remain concrete. Do you know why?

How do you know that they are still concrete after you set them to
abstract? I have just written a test code for this use case and it works
fine. After you set the metaclass to abstract, try to print out in the
console metaclass.isAbstract(). It should return true.

Cheers,
Tania