[protege-discussion] Probleme with "inverse property"

M. jack mall_bidon at hotmail.fr
Thu Jun 12 04:13:34 PDT 2008

Hello,

I am new to Protege. Recently, I have downloaded Protege 4.0 alpha version.
I have tried to managed the tutorial concerning pizza and pizzaTopping given
on the internet site "co-ode".
But unfortunately, it seems that I can't use the software properly given
that properties as "Inverse Properties", or "Transitive" characteristics
don't work as expected. In fact according to the tutorial, if two object
properties A and B are linked by an inverse properties, thus, the domain of
A is supposed to become automatically the range of B, and the range of A the
domain of B. But in my case, nothing is filling automatically.
I had a kind of same probleme with the transitive characteristics, but I
can't remember exactly what it was.
Have you got an idea why I encounter all those problems? Is it due to a lack
of plugin? Or a bad configuration? Or the 4.0alpha version is not stable?

Thank you in advance for your help.