[protege-discussion] Probleme with "inverse property"

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 13 18:40:17 PDT 2008

This is indeed what Protege series 3 does, but this is not the Protege 4
behavior. Protege 3 makes some simple inferences, so that it helps the
user with the ontology editing process. However, it is arguable whether
such behavior is desirable or not.
Protege 4 does not make such inferences in the user interface, so that
what you see is what you have explicitly asserted. If you run the
reasoner, you will see the inferred axioms.

The initial version of the Protege OWL tutorial was written for the
Protege 3 series (that's why some of the text is outdated). There is an
updated version of the tutorial available for Protege 4, which is
however still under some work:

http://www.co-ode.org/resources/tutorials/protege-owl-tutorial.php

(click on the Protege 4 tutorial link). There is also a link to errata,
that you may want to look at.

We also have a different mailing list for Protege 4 related questions.
Please post in future Protege 4 related questions on the p4feedback
mailing list:

http://protege.stanford.edu/community/lists.html

Cheers,
Tania