[protege-discussion] Protege-frames or Protege-OWL

M. jack mall_bidon at hotmail.fr
Thu Jun 19 03:05:28 PDT 2008

Hello,

I have to do a medical ontology concerning cancer. At the begining, I was
using Protege 4.0 alpha, because I thought it was the last version, and
therefore the best one. But, now I am asking question to myself given that
the ontology has to be used by an other application, and with protege-owl
4.0 I have the impression that it is not possible.
In fact, there will be some image processing first, to find every
histological characteristics on images related to cancer, and then the
ontology will deliver a diagnosis. It means that the pre-work done by the
image processing will be used by the ontology in other words protege to make
a diagnosis. Is it possible with protege 4.0 alpha? With any protege-OWL
editor? Or with a Protege-Frames editor?
I am not even sure that an ontology can be used like that. Maybe there is
something that I don't understand at all with ontologies and with Protege.

Thank you very much for the help.