[protege-discussion] When will Protege 3.4 be officially released?

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 3 18:46:13 PST 2008

Hello Dennis,

The title and the first sentence of your email are worded slightly
differently, so I wasn't sure exactly what you are asking.

We posted a new 3.4 beta build (build number 127) on Friday, but did not
announce it until just now (Monday evening).  We needed to do some
additional testing over the weekend.  You can find the release notes for
this build on our Web site [1].

Or, are you asking when Protege 3.4 will move from beta to release
mode?  If this is the case, I can give you some general information.  We
are planning to do a 3.4 beta build around the end of March that will
support project inclusion in database mode.  In order to provide this
functionality in Protege, we needed to make some fairly significant
changes to the source code.  As such, we plan to leave the build out in
the community for a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks so that a) we can give users
time to find and report bugs, and b) we can give plug-in developers a
sufficient amount of time to test their plug-ins with the latest source
code.  We are estimating the official release will take place sometime
in the June or July time frame.

Jennifer

[1]
http://protege.stanford.edu/download/release_notes/release_notes_beta.html