[protege-discussion] [protege-owl] Problem loading ontology

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 5 18:25:24 PST 2008

Rui,

No need to double post your messages.

Protege 3 cannot load arbitrary OWL Full ontologies. If you run the earl
ontology through the WonderWeb OWL Validator
(http://www.mygrid.org.uk/OWL/Validator), you will get many warnings and
see that it is OWL Full. One thing that is not supported in Protege 3 is
the untyped resources (i.e. resources that are referenced but do not
have a type declaration) and according to the validator, there are many
of them.

Tania