[protege-discussion] Problem installing Protégé

Geoffroy Philippart geoffmonica at rushpost.com
Wed Mar 12 06:39:22 PDT 2008

Hello there.  I have been trying to install Protégé but keep having this
problem: the pop-up window labeled “InstallAnywhere” gets to 99% of
completion and then it stops and says “Please select another location to
extract the installer to”.  I have tried numerous folders on my C drive with
the same result.  Any suggestions?  I have looked in the FQAs and didn’t
find a solution there.

I first tried installing Protégé 4.0 with Java VM.  I managed to download
files, but “install_protege.exe” wasn’t in any of them.  Since I then had
Java, I tried installing Protégé 4.0 without Java VM.  Same problem.  I have
just tried installing version 3.3.1 (basic) and the same thing happened.  I
always get to 99% of “InstallAnywhere” and then get that error asking me to
choose another location.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

Monica