[protege-discussion] RE: Problem installing Protégé

Janet Reagor jkreagor at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 15 09:51:48 PDT 2008

How do I get removed from the mailing list?!  I no longer wish to receive these multiple daily email messages.

Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:02:50 -0700From: vendetti at stanford.eduTo: protege-discussion at lists.stanford.eduSubject: Re: [protege-discussion] Problem installing Protégé
Hello Monica,Monica Philippart wrote:

A couple more things, Jennifer.  There was no install_protege.exe file in my Downloads folder, although that’s the location I chose.  There was, however, install_protege (same thing?). Yes, this is the same thing.  It just means that your Windows Explore is configured not to show file extensions (i.e. ".exe").

Double-clicking on that produces the same result:  InstallAnywhere gets to 99% and then asks me to choose a different location.I am not able to reproduce this, but I did some research in the InstallAnywhere knowledge forums and found some things that you can try:1).  Do you have an antivirus software running?  Sometimes this type of software can prevent you from installing.  Try disabling any antivirus software before running the installer.2).  Maybe the temporary internet file cache is too small to contain the file as it downloads.  Enlarge the temporary internet file cache: In Internet Explorer go to Tools > Internet Options > General tab > Temporary Internet Files (or Browsing History in IE 7) > Settings, and increase the "Amount of disk space to use" setting to 150 MB.3).  Maybe there is not enough space available on your hard drive to expand the installer into the default TEMP directory.  Clear your default TEMP directory and free up space on your hard drive.4).  I am pretty sure this is not your problem, but it is worth confirming that you have administrator privileges on your laptop and that you have enough free disk space.

Jennifer, do you happen to work with or know about Jenz & Partner, www.bpiresearch.com ?  I need to see their Business Process Management Ontology, but it only opens in Protégé.  I don’t need to use the ontology, I just need to see it for my research…  I’ve already lost a week because of this and will be running behind schedule next week.  I am sure what I need to see can be put (if it isn’t already) in Adobe or even Word, but I don’t have anyone to ask.  Their Contact Us address returns undeliverable messages, and they’re in Germany, so I don’t think I calling would work well (I don’t speak German and I don’t know if who picks up the phone would speak English).  Something I read in their website made me think they work (or have worked) with Stanford, so I thought I’d ask you.I am not familiar with this work.  Do you have the ontology files?  If they are not proprietary, we could test whether or not they can be loaded into Protege.Jennifer