[protege-discussion] questions about instance tree

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 18 14:22:56 PDT 2008

Nafiye Talas wrote:
> Dear Community,
>
> I have a question regarding the instance tree. Is it possible to hide
> the 'relation node'?
> See attached picture, I want to hide the link which is marked red. Is
> this possible?
>
> Last question I have is about auto numbering. Is it possible when
> creating an instance a slot
> is filled with an AutoNumber, I couldn't find anything about this
> topic in the discussion list.

If by AutoNumber, you mean a number that is increased automatically,
then, no. But, it easy to implement a slot widget that fills in
automatically the values of slot according to any rule you need. Protege
does have the notion of a default value of a slot that is filled
automatically when an instance is created. But, that value is a constant
value, so it is not different for different instances.

Another idea is to add a knowledge base listener, that listens for the
creation of instances and it fill automatically the value of the slot.

We have documentation and some examples on our website:

http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/dev.html

Tania