[protege-discussion] Incremental Instance Loading

O'Neill, Dennis doneill at marathonoil.com
Mon Mar 24 12:46:13 PDT 2008

I am building a Protégé taxonomy using a variety of external sources. These sources are updated periodically. It would be useful to do an incremental loading of instance updates rather than have to do a complete load of the universe from scratch (70,000 instances) every time I get an update. Is there a way to do this?

I currently keep static taxonomy.pprj and taxonomy.pont files and programmatically generate the taxonomy.pins file from scratch whenever I get an external update. It would be nicer to incrementally load a separate update.pins file (50-60 instances) into the corpus and then store out the new taxonomy.pins once I have a chance to check it out.

Dennis M. O'Neill
SAIC
Room 2069B
doneill at marathonoil.com