[protege-discussion] Incremental Instance Loading

O'Neill, Dennis doneill at marathonoil.com
Mon Mar 24 14:01:37 PDT 2008

Samson,

It is not a case of needing to load instances on demand, but rather to programmatically create them on demand from an external source.

For example, new oil wells are drilled in an oil field on a regular basis. My Protégé system has complete information as of a certain date (e.g., March 31, 2008). On April 30, I want to upload (new) information about the wells that have been drilled in the month of April. How can I load them into my existing knowledge base without keying them in manually?

A "Load Instances" command (from a validly structured .pins file) would serve the purpose quite nicely.

Dennis M. O'Neill

SAIC

Room 2069B

doneill at marathonoil.com