[protege-discussion] Simple and nooby question about inference in Protegé

Nick Drummond nick.drummond at cs.manchester.ac.uk
Tue Mar 25 07:26:02 PDT 2008

Matteo,

Its not clear which version of Protege you are using for running your
rules.
You should post any Protege3.x OWL/SWRL questions in the protege-owl
list [1]
Or Protege4.x questions in the protege4.0feedback list [2].

I'm no SWRL expert, but it seems you could get your expected behaviour
by just using equivalent classes in OWL.
Parent  = Person and (hasChild some Thing)
There is an example ontology here [3]

Nick

[3] http://protege.cim3.net/file/pub/ontologies/generations/generations.owl