[protege-discussion] Connect with Database

Paul Smith paulsmith7777777 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 04:27:16 PDT 2008

Khadija Tahera <bely1228 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Dear All
>
> Can anybody please help me to convert my project in database project because
I am experiencing out of Heapsize problem.

> I don't know how to connect with ODBC or JDBC drivers and URL. I mean I need
step by step support.

> I am doing my Msc project and just cannot proceed without solving this
problem. Please anybody help me.

> Bely

Bely,

Important for the database connection is to have a consistent set of drivers
and software.

One configuration that worked for me:
MySQL 5.0
Protégé 3.4
Java VM 1.6
copy the JDBC driver mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar into directory
 \Protege_3.4_beta\dbdrivers

also set the CLASSPATH environment variable to dbdrivers directory

edit file Protege.lax, at line lax.class.path= .....
add --> ;dbdrivers\mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar

do not forget to restart protege.

your database URL is:
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/dbname

good luck