[protege-discussion] unwanted prefix when importing with DataMaster

Paul Smith paulsmith7777777 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 11:59:28 PDT 2008

Great Csongor ! A wealth of ideas,  thank you.
(referring to mail of 2008-03-21  : DataMaster - mapping columns to class
members)

I am applying your solution b) trying to modify temporarily the ontology. But
there is a problem:
When the database is imported with DataMaster, the newly created slots are
named after the table column names with a damn prefix “db:”.  For example if
in the table there is a column “city”, in the ontology will be created a
slot “db:city”. I seems cannot either avoid that prefix “db:” nor changing the
old ontology  to prepare a slot “db:city” since protégé does not allows me to
rename entities ( either slots or features) by placing that prefix. What can I
do to get rid of that “db:” ?? It is a critical problem, because I need to
handle tens of thousand of instances, I cannot think to edit them one by one.

Paul