[protege-discussion] unwanted prefix when importing with DataMaster

Monica Philippart geoffmonica at rushpost.com
Wed Mar 26 13:06:22 PDT 2008

Please remove me from your distribution list: geoffmonica at rushpost.com

Thank you for all your useful tips.

Mónica

-----Original Message-----
From: protege-discussion-bounces at lists.stanford.edu
[mailto:protege-discussion-bounces at lists.stanford.edu] On Behalf Of Paul
Smith
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 2:59 PM
To: protege-discussion at lists.stanford.edu
Subject: [protege-discussion] unwanted prefix when importing with DataMaster

Great Csongor ! A wealth of ideas,  thank you.
(referring to mail of 2008-03-21  : DataMaster - mapping columns to class
members)

I am applying your solution b) trying to modify temporarily the ontology.
But
there is a problem:
When the database is imported with DataMaster, the newly created slots are
named after the table column names with a damn prefix “db:”.  For example if

in the table there is a column “city”, in the ontology will be created a
slot “db:city”. I seems cannot either avoid that prefix “db:” nor changing
the
old ontology  to prepare a slot “db:city” since protégé does not allows me
rename entities ( either slots or features) by placing that prefix. What can
do to get rid of that “db:” ?? It is a critical problem, because I need to
handle tens of thousand of instances, I cannot think to edit them one by
one.

Paul