[protege-discussion] Connect with Database

Paul Smith paulsmith7777777 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 02:42:39 PDT 2008

Jennifer Vendetti <vendetti <at> stanford.edu> writes:

> If you want to convert your project from one format to another, you can
> use the File -> Convert Project to Format... menu item to bring up
> the "Select Format" dialog box.  Then, you can choose which format you
> would like to convert to.  We have some instructions for saving as a
> database project
here:http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/users_guide/projects/saving_a_database_pro
ject.html
> The screenshots are outdated, but the information is still relevant.
> Information about your JDBC driver and URL are specific to which
> drivers you are using and can be found in the documentation for the
> drivers.
> Jennifer
> Khadija Tahera wrote:
>
>   Dear All
>
>   Can anybody please help me to convert my project in database
> project because I am experiencing out of Heapsize problem.
>
>   I don't know how to connect with ODBC or JDBC drivers and URL. I
> mean I need step by step support.
>
>   I am doing my Msc project and just cannot proceed without
> solving this problem. Please anybody help me.
>
>   Bely

Hello,

I tried to convert my project into a database, but it keeps messaging that the
jdbc driver is not in the classpath. In effect I have modified the classpath
environment variable and copy/rename the driver as suggested by the guidelines
in:
http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/users_guide/projects/saving_a_database_project.
html
and also edited  Protégé.lax to add the driver,  but unsuccessfully.
The strange fact is that the other plugins, for example DataMaster, are able
to find the driver (I am actually using mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin),
whereas only the default driver (sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver) it is found by
the export tool.

Any suggestion to manage this problem with the driver?

Paul