[protege-discussion] Connect with Database

Len Yabloko protege at ontospace.net
Thu Mar 27 07:34:29 PDT 2008

>Hello,
>
>I tried to convert my project into a database, but it keeps messaging that the
>jdbc driver is not in the classpath. In effect I have modified the classpath
>environment variable and copy/rename the driver as suggested by the guidelines
>in:
>http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/users_guide/projects/saving_a_database_project.
>html
>and also edited  Protégé.lax to add the driver,  but unsuccessfully.
>The strange fact is that the other plugins, for example DataMaster, are able
>to find the driver (I am actually using mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin),
>whereas only the default driver (sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver) it is found by
>the export tool.
>
>Any suggestion to manage this problem with the driver?
>
>Paul

In my experience (using Windows XP) you don't need to change global CLASSPATH environmental variable, nor do you need to rename a jar. It is enough to declare classpath in protege.lax. To make sure you should look at console windows and see JVM initialization command -classpath parameter. Also make sure you use the right driver name (org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver)