[protege-discussion] DataMaster - mapping columns to class members

Paul Smith paulsmith7777777 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 28 13:42:29 PDT 2008

Paul Smith <paulsmith7777777 <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Hello Csongor
>
> Ok, your method (b) works, I have put in practice. Thanks you very much. Now
> get the instances imported in the right place and with some little editing
> work I can bring back the classes of my ontology to their original
namespace.
> The method applies also to the property of classes, with some extra
> complication however: In fact a direct object properties is correctly
imported
> in the ontology, but there is no way to obtain its inverse property. Yes, I
> could create the inverse property later, but then I had to fill the slots
> manually.
> One additional desired feature of your method would be to assign to the
> imported instances a name  extracted from a specific column of the database,
> can you figure how to do that?
>
> Thanks again
> Paul

Csongor,

I have been too much optimistic earlier. The method works but in effect when
importing instances, the slots of the object properties are not filled at all,
neither direct or inverse properties. Only the datatype properties are filled.
Is this a conceptual limitation of DataMaster or can be resolved in someway?

Paul