[protege-discussion] How to model best a binary bidi Connection

Sascha Kolb Sascha-78 at web.de
Mon Mar 31 03:44:10 PDT 2008

Hello,

I am wondering ... how can i model best a binary bi directional conection between Classes and or Instances in Protege.
The Main Task is that it is properly displayed in Jambala.

If I use Slots, each instance gets this property, which is not desired.And I can not specialize the Slots.

If I add it as Type, Jambalaya does not display direct connections between two instances beloning to the same type.

What i want to do :

+Komponent 1
+Komponent 2
+Komponent 3

Bussystem
 + USB
      + 1.0
      + 2.0

Interface
  + COM
      + COM Commuication model
I want to model :

Komponent 1 connects Komponent 3 with USB 2.0

Komponent 2 connects Komponent 3 withCOM Commuication model

I want to see the direct relation between the Components in Jambalaya prefeaby as USB is bidirectional not modelled as :DIRECTED-BINARY-RELATION

Ideas and Suggestions are very welcome !

Thanks for ur help !

Sascha