[protege-discussion] ProtegeJob class

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Thu May 1 08:46:03 PDT 2008

Hi,

I want to be able to schedule my Protege server to perform certain
activities on projects.
Having done some research around the wiki and so on, it seems that the
ProtegeJob abstract class is just what I need.
However, I'm a little unsure about how to use it and would like to
confirm my approach before I go down a blind alley.

So, my approach will be:

1. Create a class the extends ProtegeJob and in the run() method,
performs the activities I want to perform.
2. Create a class that is a client of the Protege server which does
the following:
	a. Connect to the server
	b. Instruct it to load the specified project (not the meta project)
	c. Instantiate my ProtegeJob class
	d. Call execute() on my ProtegeJob class

I like the sound of the documentation that suggests that in this mode,
the Protege job is copied to the server to be run there. Does this
require that I deploy the my .class file for my ProtegeJob on the
server or is that all handled at runtime by the ProtegeJob abstract
class?
That is, there is no code deployment to the server required?

Thanks very much for your help

Regards

Jonathan
_______________________________________

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd

Web: www.enterprise-architecture.com
_______________________________________

Assess your EA maturity at:
_______________________________________

W O R L D    C L A S S    A R C H I T E C T U R E

This message is confidential and may be privileged. It is for the
exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the
intended recipient(s) please notify the sender and delete the message
immediately. Unauthorised disclosure, distribution and copying of this
email is strictly prohibited. The opinions expressed within this
message are those of the individual author. Whilst EAS Ltd take
reasonable steps to scan this email it does not accept liability for
any virus that may be contained in it. EAS Ltd, 29 Harley Street,
London W1G 9QR. Telephone +44 (0)20 7612 4322 Fax +44 (0)20 7182 6749