[protege-discussion] PROTEGE and integrity contraint

Samson Tu swt at stanford.edu
Fri May 2 11:04:01 PDT 2008

Hi,

The PAL constraints get exported to OWL together with the rest of the
ontology when you convert a Frame project into OWL. Because of Protege
OWL 3.x is built on top of the core frame data structures, I think the
constraints still work.

However, the notion of constraint in OWL is problematic because of the
open-world assumption. Also because the the translation does not create
restrictions, class-specific facet constraints are lost, so PAL
constraint checking in Protege OWL may not give you the same answer.

Note that Protege frame facets are also integrity constraints.

Samson