[protege-discussion] Frame API synchronization

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Mon May 5 14:56:04 PDT 2008

Hi Len,

Thanks for the clarification. From the first email, I did not realize
that you were creating the instances in a separate thread.

We have a solution that will probably work. First of all, instead of
turning event generation on and off, turn event dispatch on and off.
Make sure that the call to kb.flushEvents() is not holding any locks.

The code could look like:

new Thread {

loop {
      kb.setDispatchEventsEnabled(false);

      // make changes to kb ...

      kb.setDispatchEventsEnabled(true);
      ((DefaultKnowledgeBase) kb).flushEvents();
}

This is very delicate and we are very interested to know how it worked.

Thanks,
Tim and Tania