[protege-discussion] exception with SWRL->OWL using boolean datatype properties

Franz, Barbara A barbara.a.franz at lmco.com
Wed May 7 12:02:47 PDT 2008

I have two ontologies that I am importing into a new project.
Ontology_1 has individuals that I want to transfer to Ontology_2.  I
have written rules in SWRL that state that if there is an individual in
Ontology_1, Class_A , Property_A (datatype = Boolean), it will be placed
in Ontology_2, Class_B, Property_B, (datatype= boolean).  But I am
getting this error.

Exception exporting knowledge to OWL:
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.swrl.bridge.exceptions.DatatypeConversionE
xception: cannot convert value of type 'java.lang.Boolean' to String

How do I work around this?

Barb Franz