[protege-discussion] Saving a project into an Access database

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Wed May 7 18:47:56 PDT 2008

Yes, you can save in an Access database. Please read the Microsoft
Access documentation about how to create a datasource that is linked to
as Access database table. It is pretty easy, you have to go to Control
Panel -> Administrative Tools -> ODBC Datasources. You'll find more
information on the internet about these steps.

After you defined a datasource, you just have to follow all the steps
from the webpage that you have mentioned in your email. You'll have to
replace the "ProtegeDB" from

jdbc:odbc:ProtegeDB

with the name of the datasource that you created.

However! I do not recommend that you use Microsoft Access and the JDBC
ODBC driver. It has a very slow performance.

I recommend that you try out some other open source and free database
engines (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)

Tania