[protege-discussion] Work with forms with java API

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Mon May 19 02:05:49 PDT 2008

You can use the API to programmatically modify the forms - e.g. set
labels, change widget type etc.

Also, I have written my own slot widget to do something along the
lines of what you are describing (it's not quite ready for sharing
yet, but it is my intention!). Basically, this slot widget allows you
to define a pattern of slot values and static text in order to build
automatically (derived) values for the selected slot. So, when the
user sets relevant slots, this slot has its value set automatically.
I've purposely used form-side GUI events (rather than knowledge base
events) to drive the notification and update.

Is this a bit similar to what you are trying to do? Capture changes
that users make on the forms and then take some actions or other (e.g.
as you mention, save these?). You do know about the track changes in
Collaborative Protege, though don't you, which captures in detail
every edit that all users make?

Jonathan
_______________________________________

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd
Web: www.enterprise-architecture.com
_______________________________________

Assess your EA maturity at:
_______________________________________

W O R L D    C L A S S    A R C H I T E C T U R E

This message is confidential and may be privileged. It is for the
exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the
intended recipient(s) please notify the sender and delete the message
immediately. Unauthorised disclosure, distribution and copying of this
email is strictly prohibited. The opinions expressed within this
message are those of the individual author. Whilst EAS Ltd take
reasonable steps to scan this email it does not accept liability for
any virus that may be contained in it. EAS Ltd, 29 Harley Street,
London W1G 9QR. Telephone +44 (0)20 7612 4322 Fax +44 (0)20 7182 6749