[protege-discussion] Protégé web browser help

Tiffani Bright tjb2106 at columbia.edu
Mon May 19 18:54:42 PDT 2008

Hi,

After some trial-and-error, I'd like to share the solution that worked
for me pertaining to my earlier email message.
1. The Protégé web browser readme file says to install Tomcat version 5
or higher, but I recommend version 5 (an not 6) to avoid the errors I
received and for it to work.  I installed Tomcat version 5.0.28.  As for
Protégé, I started with Protégé 3.0 and after seeing that work, I tried
Protégé 3.4 beta- and it works too (and saves a few steps).
2. The other thing I noticed was that the web browser application needs
to have both the .owl and .pprj files in the
"jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28\webapps\webprotege\kb\guest" folder (if you don't
change the guest login settings).
3.  Finally, I found the Protégé web browser readme file to be outdated
and missing many details. I would say that the Protégé web protégé wiki
page (http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WebProtege#nid3BZ) was
more helpful than both the Protégé web browser readme file and Protégé
web browser page I used first
(http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Protege_Web_Browser).  I hope
this helps someone else!

-- TJ