[protege-discussion] Changes at KnowledgeBase

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu May 22 14:44:36 PDT 2008

Hello Antonia,

Antonia Iliopoulou wrote:
> I 'm trying to develop a java application using protege frames java
> API. So, at the beginning of the code I write :
>
> /Project project = new Project(PROJECT_FILE_NAME, errors);
> KnowledgeBase kb = project.getKnowledgeBase();/
>
> And I make my changes at the knowledgeBase. For examples I add
> instances. When I open the project from Protege these new instences do
> not exist. Is there a way that the changes I make with java code are
> reflected to the actual protege project?

You need to call the save() method on your project object.

> I am new to protege and obviously there are many things that I do not
> know. Are there any examples of java code using protege java api?

We have some examples for using the Protege-Frames API here:

http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/pdk/kb-api.html

Most of our developer documentation is available either on our Web site:

http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/dev.html

... or on our Wiki:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Protege3DevDocs

Jennifer