[protege-discussion] Create a new project using the API

John Finnson john.finnson at gmail.com
Fri May 23 09:02:11 PDT 2008

Hi, I was wondering what was the command to create a brand new project
from nothing. I have been trying some methods like:

Project newProject = Project.createNewProject((KnowledgeBaseFactory)
SystemUtilities.newInstance("newKB"), errors);

but then it says that it cant find the KB "newKB". I would appreciate
it if somone gave me a line of code which completly creates a new
project.

If some how my reasoning is wrong this is the reason why I want to do
this: I want to create a project with a blank slate and then
initialize an ontology to it. So that when a person presses a certain
button in my new Tab I am creating a new project will open up with an
ontology that I have in a certain file.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.