[protege-discussion] Problem using Forms Tab in Collaborative mode

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Tue May 27 01:50:51 PDT 2008

This is expected behaviour and it intentional on the basis that a
"superuser" or "admin" can control the forms by directly accessing the
Project in stand-alone mode to manage the GUI. Having many users
attempting to edit the forms at once could cause all sorts of
problems, I would imagine.
For what I'm doing, this works ideally. I can modify the forms as I
need to then start up the server to have my users work on Classes and
Instances in multi-user mode and I can control the GUI and make sure
that it's consistent. Although I realise that it would convenient to
be able to edit the Forms from client-server mode, I would have a lot
of concerns about how the Forms would or could turn out if they were
available to all users.

Hope this helps

Jonathan
Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd