[protege-discussion] Example Tab Creation Problem

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue May 27 13:08:12 PDT 2008

Hi John,

John Finnson wrote:
> I am having a couple weird problems with the example tab "FrameCounter":
>
> First: the tab only works when I start protege through the eclipse browser.
>         - If i start Protege the regular way the tab does nothing.

Probably this means that the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF is not in the plugin
folder. I suppose you have set up Eclipse to output the class files in
Protege_install_dir/plugins/tabwidget. Make sure that you have a
directory and file:

Protege_install_dir/plugins/tabwidget/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

(Make sure that they are capital case, as above).

> Second: when I do start protege through eclipse and open a project
> there are items in the menu bar, specifically "Owl" and "Code", the
> first two don't do anything but the second two work.

The OWL and Code menus come up if you open an OWL project. I did not
understand what is working and not from your description.

Cheers,
Tania