[protege-discussion] Problem using Forms Tab in Collaborative mode

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue May 27 18:44:43 PDT 2008

Hi Tomas,

The problem is a little bit more complicated. When a client connects to
the server, the project data (that contains the forms information), will
be copied from the server to the client. After that the client forms are
decoupled from the server forms. I have explained how this works in an
email thread on this mailing list some times ago and what the problems are.

So, even if a client is changing the form for a class, then once he logs
out, the changes are lost. It is also not clear, if the changes should
be propagated to the server or not. If they were, then all the other
clients, would suddlenly see a different form for the class (which may
not suit them). On the longer term, we may support different forms for
different users, but this requires some reimplementation of the current
client-server code.

On the shorter term, we will add the possibility to shut down only one
project on the server; then an admin could edit the classes project, and
restart it on the server. This would mean that clients could go on
editing and then at some point, they could reload the project from the
server with the new forms.

Tania