[protege-discussion] Using Protege as a Software Requirements Database Tool

Ron Schultz rcaschultz at gmail.com
Sat May 31 13:15:37 PDT 2008

I was wondering if anyone has pointers or references to a Software
Requirements Model using Protege. I am exploring Protege as a means to
document, manage, and evaluate the imact of changes, to a software
requirements database (between 2500 and 5000 individual requirement
instances). I have built a simple ontology and can export the requirements
document using DocGen, but I am going to need to finer grain control over the
output formatting and namespace management. Protege 3.4 seems to have features
I can utilize for better namespace control, but I wanted to verify that
someone else has not already gone down this path before - with either success
or failure.

Lessons learned before the fact tend to be valuable, lessons learned after the
fact tend to be brutal.

Thanks

Ron Schultz