[protege-discussion] UMLS TAB_problems

GEORGE LITSIOS litsiosgeorgios at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 1 04:27:45 PDT 2008

Hello,as i wrote at previous e-mail , i'm trying to export an ontology made with 'protege frames' and using the UMLS_TAB, at owl format. When i'm doing this with protege 3.3.1 this is accomplished correct. You sujested me to use protege 3.4 cause this will be the next stable release, but when i try to export a frame project to owl this is not accomplished. I'm going through 'File->Export Format->OWL'  the message i took was 'Export Failed: edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.MessageError at c1d188'   and at Java console 'Warning: No ProjectView registered for project filename' Can you give me some information about this? Also i check out the .owl file which came from 'protege 3.3.1, frame project' with the 'export to OWL' tool.  I'm using the UMLS_TAB as i said before,cause i want to enrich my ontology from UMLS.  There is a class 'KB, with type owl:class'  and a class 'KB_ROOT, with type KB'. I  replace all KB classes with 'owl:Class' and remove the 'KB class'. Also i remove the 'KB_ROOT class'. As i expected the file can loaded at protege normal. But i encounter a problem. The problem is that in the .owl file are difined some 'datatype properites' that they came from umls. Example is the 'synonym datatype property', but i can't see in the protege the values that every Class must take through this properties.  Also the .repository file that is created with 'export to owl' tool what is it? This file contains only tihis: [Dublin Core DL Redirect] i attach at the mail two files.The first is that which came with the export tool from protege and the second that which came after my intervention at the file, so to be more clear what i talk about.  I hope to  have the time to take a look at this. Another problem is that the Ontoviz tab don't work, also with OWLviz tab i can't see the values from datatypes properties i refer above. Thank you in advance George

Want to read Hotmail messages in Outlook? The Wordsmiths show you how. Learn Now
http://windowslive.com/connect/post/wedowindowslive.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!20EE04FBC541789!167.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_092008