[protege-discussion] No ontologies showing in WebProtege 0.5 alpha installation

Polz, Simon SPolz at bogner.co.at
Thu Nov 6 04:50:52 PST 2008

> I'm trying to figure out how to reproduce this here.  What
> browser are
> you using?

verified both with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and Mozilla Firefox 3.0.3

> > And there seems to be no connection the protege server
> because it doesnt make any difference if it is running or not.
>
> WebProtege will list available ontologies regardless of whether the
> server is running.  It finds information about available
> projects in the
> copy of the metaproject in the
> webprotege/projects/metaprojects folder.
> You will run into problems when you try to open any of the
> ontologies if
> the server is not running.
>
> > So my guess is that the web application doesn't know where
> to connect to - and i have not found any information on how
> to point it to the protege server - is there any?
> >

> No, there is nothing special you need to configure.
>
> Are you using Tomcat 5.5?  Or, perhaps a newer version?

Tomcat 5.5 on an Ubuntu Release

another behaviour that might help analysing this problem is that the login window doesn't close when i enter proper credentials - when i enter invalid credentials i get the window "Invalid ID or password. Please try again." - but the "Sign in to WebProtege" window never goes away (only if i close it by clicking the x button in the bar)

Simon