[protege-discussion] beanshell scripting in protege

Jason Sachs jmsachs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 13:16:54 PST 2008

Hmmm, I am trying to figure out where to get info on beanshell bindings for
protege. I'm vaguely familiar with Java & can figure the pure-language stuff
out from appropriate references. But I'm stuck trying to figure out:

1) how I load an external script (so i don't have to type in the damn thing
again over and over... it would be Real Nice to be able to put
frequently-used scripts in a combo box or something so they're easy to
select in a few clicks)
2) how do I import an external class if I write one
3) which variables are already exposed (I found a webpage that refers to
"kb" and "kb.getNamedCls()")
4) anything else that's simple but non-obvious that wouldn't be in the
Protege Java class hierarchy (which i can't find at the moment, i found it
earlier... argh....)

p.s. a request: Javascript/Rhino is in the list of languages in the Apache
BSF page (http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/index.html); it would be nice to add
it to the Protege scripting tab.