[protege-discussion] programmatic queries

Jason Sachs jmsachs at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 13:15:37 PST 2008

what is the status of the Search API?
http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/search-api/apidocs/
does it work with database backends? (this 2yrold post suggests otherwise:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.ontology.protege.general/14566) If
not, it would be really helpful if the wiki page
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Search_API had a big WARNING note
letting people know it doesn't work with database backends as I assume this
is a common mode of operation. (i would add a note to the wiki but I have no
idea of truth of this / how to word it)

if not, what API can I use to programmatically search? I'm using
protege-frames; there are references to OKBC all over the place as a query
mechanism but I have no idea where to start.