[protege-discussion] instances with multiple parents?

Nick Berry infoglutton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 10:38:15 PST 2008

Hi, I don't see a way to provide an Instance with more than one parent
Class, but my data model seems to need this feature.

For example, the Garmin 605 is both a Bike Computer and a GPS Unit.  On my
website, I want my users to be able to navigate to the Garmin 605 from
either of two ways:

Cycling>Bike Parts>Bike Computers>Garmin 605

and

Electronics>Navigation>GPS Units>Garmin 605

Where Bike Computers, GPS Units, etc up the tree are all Classes, and the
Garmin 605 is an Instance.

Or should I just make the Garmin 605 a Class, and it can then have multiple
parents?  In that case, I'd have to make all the products Classes, and that
just seems weird.

Thanks,
Nick