[protege-discussion] Antwort: instances with multiple parents?

daniel.keijsers at biotronik.com daniel.keijsers at biotronik.com
Mon Nov 17 10:43:06 PST 2008

Hi!

you have to introduce a class "GPS_Bike_Computer" that has both Bike
Computer and GPS Unit as superclasses.
Garmin 605 will then be an instance of "GPS_Bike_Computer".
Does that fit?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Kind regards,

i. A. Daniel Keijsers
Therapy Manager

--
BIOTRONIK GmbH & Co. KG
Woermannkehre 1
Mail: daniel.keijsers at biotronik.com

"Nick Berry" <infoglutton at gmail.com>
Gesendet von: protege-discussion-bounces at lists.stanford.edu
17.11.2008 19:38
Bitte antworten an
User support for Core Protege and the Protege-Frames editor
<protege-discussion at lists.stanford.edu>

An
protege-discussion at lists.stanford.edu
Kopie

Thema
[protege-discussion] instances with multiple parents?

Hi, I don't see a way to provide an Instance with more than one parent
Class, but my data model seems to need this feature.

For example, the Garmin 605 is both a Bike Computer and a GPS Unit.  On my
website, I want my users to be able to navigate to the Garmin 605 from
either of two ways:

Cycling>Bike Parts>Bike Computers>Garmin 605

and

Electronics>Navigation>GPS Units>Garmin 605

Where Bike Computers, GPS Units, etc up the tree are all Classes, and the
Garmin 605 is an Instance.

Or should I just make the Garmin 605 a Class, and it can then have
multiple parents?  In that case, I'd have to make all the products
Classes, and that just seems weird.

Thanks,
Nick_______________________________________________
protege-discussion mailing list
protege-discussion at lists.stanford.edu

Instructions for unsubscribing:

www.biotronik.com

BIOTRONIK GmbH & Co. KG
Woermannkehre 1, 12359 Berlin, Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Berlin HRA 6501

Vertreten durch ihre Komplementaerin:
BIOTRONIK Mess- und Therapiegeraete GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Berlin HRB 2918
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dr. Max Schaldach, Christoph Boehmer, Dr. Werner Braun,
Dr. Lothar Krings

This email and the information it contains including attachments are
confidential and meant
only for use by the intended recipient(s); disclosure or copying is
strictly prohibited. If you
are not addressed, but in the possession of this email, please notify the
sender immediately.