[protege-discussion] Antwort: Re: Antwort: instances with multiple parents?

daniel.keijsers at biotronik.com daniel.keijsers at biotronik.com
Mon Nov 17 10:56:32 PST 2008

Hi again,

you have to decided that. As i would say a Garmin is both a Bike computer
and a GPS Unit.
That why I would introduce a new class. But you could also add both
classes as type of the instance.
But imho that is not nice...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Kind regards,

i. A. Daniel Keijsers
Therapy Manager

--
BIOTRONIK GmbH & Co. KG
Woermannkehre 1
Mail: daniel.keijsers at biotronik.com

"Nick Berry" <infoglutton at gmail.com>
Gesendet von: protege-discussion-bounces at lists.stanford.edu
17.11.2008 19:52
Bitte antworten an
User support for Core Protege and the Protege-Frames editor
<protege-discussion at lists.stanford.edu>

An
"User support for Core Protege and the Protege-Frames editor"
<protege-discussion at lists.stanford.edu>
Kopie

Thema
Re: [protege-discussion] Antwort: instances with multiple parents?

Thanks for the response!

I could do that, but then the Garmin 605 would be the only Instance in
that class.  In addition, this kind of data modeling would spawn a
profusion of one-off categories like that.  Is that normal ontology design
best practice?

Cheers,
Nick