[protege-discussion] global Slots with class-specific values?

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Tue Nov 18 11:31:09 PST 2008

You can override the slot constraints at the class level (as opposed
to top-level). I've not used this with Symbols, so I'm not quite sure
how that works - but is worth a look. You define the 'brand' slot to
be of type Symbol, then at each class (in the class browser) you
double click on the slot and choose view at class (not top-level) when
the dialog pops up. You can then (hopefully) set the allowed symbol
values for the slot at this class.
This is the way I've used Instance slots and overridden the allowed
classes for the Instance when the slot is used in different classes.

Hope this helps

Jonathan
Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd

Assess your EA maturity at: