[protege-discussion] protege frames questions..

Soo-Mi Cheong endoftheday7 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 21 15:49:05 PST 2008

How

--- On Wed, 11/19/08, Jennifer Vendetti <vendetti at stanford.edu> wrote:

From: Jennifer Vendetti <vendetti at stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: [protege-discussion] questions about Protege Frames
To: endoftheday7 at yahoo.com, "User support for Core Protege and the Protege-Frames editor" <protege-discussion at mailman.stanford.edu>
Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 2:35 PM

Soo-Mi,

Soo-Mi Cheong wrote:

I have some questions about drawing ontology by using protege frames as the below (from
http://protege.stanford.edu/).

I will number my questions.
The screenshot you listed above depicts the "graph widget".  There is a tutorial on how to use this widget on our website:

http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/tutorial/graph_widget/

1) To which one should I refer to learn protege-frames between Getting Started with Protege-Frames (http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/tutorial/get_started/get-started.html) and Protege-User Guide (http://protege.stanford.edu/publications/UserGuideA4.pdf)?
You should start with the Getting Started guide, and then use the User's Guide as a reference for more advanced topics.

* I draw ontology by using protege-OWL Viz.
You can't use the OWLViz plug-in with Frames ontologies.  The plug-in was developed specifically to work with OWL ontologies in Protege-OWL.

2) What should I do to draw ontology graph the above after I created classes, slots, slot facets, etc.? I guess I need something like protege-OWL Viz.
For Frames ontologies, you could use any one of the following visualization plug-ins:

- OntoViz (http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/OntoViz)
- Jambalaya (http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Jambalaya)
- TGViz (http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/TGViz)

In the future, if you are looking for plug-ins, you could check out the plug-ins library on our wiki:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Protege_Plugin_Library

Jennifer