[protege-discussion] Reg: Choosing whether OWL.

sapna pg sapnapga at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 03:27:48 PDT 2008

Greetings!

I am new in the area of ontologies and have been reading up material from
the web on the area and tools available.  At the end of it, I understand
that I am confused as to what is the right options to choose.
I need to build an ontology of an application and query data stored.  I went
thru the Protege website but am unable to decide whether to use Protege
Frames Editor/OWL.  Further doubt includes whether it will suffice to use
RDQL and SPARQL or OWL and which of them gives better features.  If there is
any site that clearly specifies use of these or distinguishes these, I would
be happy if you could give me directions.

With thanks
Sapna