[protege-discussion] Slot Value Ordering

O'neill, Dennis doneill at marathonoil.com
Tue Oct 14 07:18:02 PDT 2008

Jonathan,

No, that really doesn't help because the users will be navigating in the Instance Tree because it is easiest to understand the models that way.

Also, the ordering is important because we are using the RDF Export to drive a document classification hierarchy in SharePoint and unless the order can be maintained, the resulting XML (used to generate SharePoint "trees") would need to get re-sorted.

I guess what I would need to do would be to specialize the method that is used to display slot values to sort based on the Display Slot definition, and then do a similar thing to the method that walks the hierarchy do the export (or Save As).

How complicated do you think that would be?

Dennis M. O'Neill
SAIC
Contractor to Marathon Oil Company
Enterprise Content Management