[protege-discussion] getInstance returns null

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 14 12:39:29 PDT 2008

Hi Avi,

I don't know details about your slot widget, but I would recommend that
you don't put too much logic in the initialize method. This method is
called at initialization time and it should only build the UI elements
and not fill their values. But rather, you should work with the
getValues and setValues method, which should not have the problem that
the instance is null.  You may also override the setInstance method with
some care.

Tania