[protege-discussion] GWT WebProtege Status Inquiry

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 22 19:13:20 PDT 2008

Ron,

We are planning an alpha release of WebProtege early next week.
Instance editing is not yet available from inside of WebProtege, but we
will be providing a way to open a Protege client (from WebProtege) to
take advantage of features in standalone Protege that have not yet been
implemented in WebProtege.  Changes in the Protege client will
immediately propagate to instances of the WebProtege application.

You can already see what this looks like on the demo server:

http://bmir-protege-dev1.stanford.edu/webprotege/WebProtege.html

... on the My WebProtege tab, each ontology has an "Open in Protege"
link on the right that opens a Protege client.

We will announce when the first alpha build is available and will have
some more user documentation in place.

Jennifer