[protege-discussion] Problem with Protege Projects stored in a MySQL table when using Serveur Mode

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Thu Oct 23 04:24:16 PDT 2008

Hi Bernard,

The problem is that Protege Server cannot find the JDBC driver for
your MySQL database.
Assuming that you have downloaded the correct JDBC driver from MySQL,
as a JAR, copy it to the Protege install directory, D:\protege_3.3.1
in your case.
Once it's there, re-name it as driver.jar
Restart Protege Server.
Now Protege should be able to connect to your database.

If you find you need to connect to other databases, copy their JDBC
drivers into the Protege root and name them as driver0.jar,
driver1.jar etc.

Let me know how you get on

Regards

Jonathan