[protege-discussion] GWT WebProtege Status Inquiry

Ron Schultz ron.schultz at metavante.com
Sun Oct 26 15:56:09 PDT 2008

Thanks Jennifer.

I rebuilt my GWT environment and successfully got GWT Protege running from
Subversion again. I noticed during my setup that no reference was made to
the gwtextux.jar which is now required for Protege. The latest Protege 3.4
beta jars are also required. I also noted that a reference to gwtextux.jar
is not in the build script. Just thought you may want to know.

Also, the JNLP link to start Protege does not seem to work but I have not
had the time to research it yet.

Ron Schultz

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 9:13 PM, Jennifer Vendetti <vendetti at stanford.edu>wrote:

> Ron,
>
> We are planning an alpha release of WebProtege early next week.
> Instance editing is not yet available from inside of WebProtege, but we
> will be providing a way to open a Protege client (from WebProtege) to
> take advantage of features in standalone Protege that have not yet been
> implemented in WebProtege.  Changes in the Protege client will
> immediately propagate to instances of the WebProtege application.
>
> You can already see what this looks like on the demo server:
>
> http://bmir-protege-dev1.stanford.edu/webprotege/WebProtege.html
>
> ... on the My WebProtege tab, each ontology has an "Open in Protege"
> link on the right that opens a Protege client.
>
> We will announce when the first alpha build is available and will have
> some more user documentation in place.
>
> Jennifer
>
> Ron Schultz wrote:
> >
> >     I was wondering what was the status of the GWT WebProtege Project.
> >     I inquired in late August and the project was still in a
> >     prototyping phase. I've noticed some recent activity and am not
> >     sure if instance editing capability is available from Subversion.
> >     Is instance editing available yet? I have a pressing project need
> >     that WebProtege would seem to address rather well. Thanks, and
> >     thanks again for all the great work from the Protege team.
> >
> >     --
> >     Ron Schultz

Ron Schultz