[protege-discussion] Protege on Linux server without graphical interface

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 27 03:33:42 PDT 2008

Hi Katja,

I just want to add to Jonathan's reply. It is not problem to run the
server without UI. The run_protege_server.sh already comes with the
"headless" option enabled in the script:

HEADLESS=-Djava.awt.headless=true

so, you don't have to do anything special.

To make the back-ups, you can also use the Protege archive mechanism,
which you can access programmatically and can schedule it to run as a
script at regular intervals of time. This solution also takes care of
backing up the pprj file. (which is not critical, because it does not
change in client-server mode)

Tania