[protege-discussion] GWT WebProtege Status Inquiry

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 27 09:59:29 PDT 2008

Hello Ron,

Ron Schultz wrote:
> I rebuilt my GWT environment and successfully got GWT Protege running
> from Subversion again.

Unless you are planning to extend WebProtege, you might find it more
convenient to use the WAR file to deploy, which we made available
yesterday.  There is an administrator's guide with installation
instructions on the wiki:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/WebProtegeAdminGuide

> I noticed during my setup that no reference was made to the
> gwtextux.jar which is now required for Protege.

There is now a "readme.txt" file in Subversion that lists 3rd party
software necessary to install:

http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/svn/web-protege/readme.txt

For GWT-Ext, we are currently using version 2.0.5 and you should only
need the "gwtext.jar" file on your classpath.

> The latest Protege 3.4 beta jars are also required.

Yes, this is noted in the new administrator's guide.

>  I also noted that a reference to gwtextux.jar is not in the build
> script. Just thought you may want to know.

Are you referring to the Ant build script entitled
"build-internal.xml"?  The GWT-Ext JAR file is referenced near the top
of the file:

<path id = "gwtext.libs">
  <pathelement path = "C:\Program Files\gwtext-2.0.5\gwtext.jar"/>
</path>

Unfortunately, this build script was written for internal consumption.
We haven't developed an Ant build script yet for the community.

> Also, the JNLP link to start Protege does not seem to work but I have
> not had the time to research it yet.

There is more information about this in the administrator's guide:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/WebProtegeAdminGuide#Configure_the_Collaborative_Protege_JNLP_file

Let me know if you are still having problems.

Jennifer