[protege-discussion] WebProtege 0.5 Alpha

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 29 11:08:44 PDT 2008

Hello Bernard,

I've installed this version of Protege on a couple of Windows XP
machines here and was not able to reproduce this.

I researched the error message in the InstallAnywhere online knowledge
base.  This seems to be caused by the installer needing temp space, but
the temp directory does not have sufficient disk space.  On Windows,
InstallAnywhere uses the %TMP% variable to discern temp disk space.  I
would suggest deleting the contents of this directory and trying the
installer again.  Examples of what your temp directory might be are:

C:\Temp
C:\Windows\Temp
C:\WINNT\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp

You can look up the exact location of your temp directory from Control
Panel -> System -> Advanced tab -> Environment Variables button -> User
variables for <username> section.

Another possibility that comes to mind is that the installer file is
somehow getting corrupted during the download process.  You might also
try doing the download using a different web browser to see if that
makes a difference.

Jennifer